How do I update the Firmware on my Cara Logger?
The steps below explains how to update the firmware:
1. Download the “.tgz” file and save it in a known location. As default, when upgrading to a new bundle, CaraLive will open this location: “C:\Users\YOURUSER\AppData\Local\Vicon\CaraLive\Firmware” so preferably, save it in that location.
2. There is no need to decompress the file. CaraLive will run its package contents once it is selected as the new bundle to upload.
3. To install it in the logger, go to the “Actions” option on the logger you want to upgrade and click on it. You will then be presented with three other options. Select “System”.
4. Once in the “System” sub-option, select from the list of available actions the one that reads “Upload New Firmware…”. A pop-up window should appear.
5. As mentioned earlier, CaraLive will open the location where it expects the “.tgz” file to be saved. However, if you have stored the bundle file in a different place, point CaraLive to that folder and select the “.tgz” file.
6. Make sure you have at least 50% of battery before continuing and do not disconnect the power during this process. A warning message will appear, make sure you read it, understand it and then press “Yes” to proceed with the update.
7. CaraLive will show a progress bar and after the process is done, the logger will restart.
8. That’s it! Once the logger is up and running it will have the latest version of CaraBundle.
This procedure is only to upload new bundles. To check and modify already installed ones (because the logger keeps all installed builds unless specifically deleted), the user needs to go to “Actions>System>Manage Firmware…”.Still need help?