Why is my sensor not connecting to Vicon Nexus?
To connect IMU sensors in Vicon Nexus, ensure that:
- The operating system is Windows 10 (64-bit)
- Nexus 2.8 and above
- The sensors are connected to the Bluetooth in Microsoft Bluetooth & other devices
In Vicon Nexus, if the sensor is unable to connect, an error message will be displayed in the log if:
- you have previously paired the IMU sensor with another PC,
- the sensor firmware is out-of-date,
- have recently updated the sensor firmware,
To clear the Bluetooth cache:
- In Microsoft Bluetooth & other devices, select the IMU sensor and remove the device.
- Open Lightning Desktop
- On the first time of using the application, download the CP210x USB to UART Bridge VCP Drivers:
- Turn on the IMU sensor and plug in via USB.
Note that only two sensors can be connected at one time.
The IMU sensor number is displayed.
- Select Clear Bluetooth and then select Clear all devices.
This clears the Bluetooth cache on the IMU sensor.
- Reconnect the IMU sensor in Microsoft Bluetooth.
- Open Vicon Nexus and connect the IMU sensor.
The sensor is connected.